Description (Our Opinion)
Founded in 1999, Betfair is somewhat newer to the betting community than some of its peers, however has proven itself to be a market leader within the online gaming sector.
Betfair is commonly recognised as a pioneer within the betting exchange community, in that it introduced the betting exchange concept- allowing customers to bet at odds set by themselves or by other customers.
On Betfair’s sportsbook, they have some of the deepest ranges of in-play markets in addition to a veritable slew of wagers on football, basketball and horse racing as well. Like a number of other bookmakers they have begun offering fixed odds racing on a lot of global racing events and their coverage of Australian racing is great on the sportsbook and doesn’t require the separate wallet or verification system that you need for the Australian exchange.
Betfair doesn’t offer as many bonuses and money-back specials as some other bookmakers do but they make up for it with fast payouts and a range of different markets. They do offer a choose your own bonus option for a lot of big football matches where punters can customize their money-back special offer based on certain outcomes of the match.
This lets players structure their wagering strategies with a potential refund in mind, which can always help preserve a good betting edge. Look to Betfair as a betting platform that pretty much does it all.
The brand is the world’s largest international online sports betting provider and hold s licences in licences in the UK, Malta, Italy, the United States and (through its joint venture) Australia.
Harbouring a global target audience, Betfair offers markets on a wide array of sports markets, including some of the more niche markets i.e. cricket, rugby- which clearly sets it above its competitors.
While Betfair offers just as many, if not more, betting options as other online bookmakers, Betfair is renowned for having a wide array of sporting markets, as well as being amongst the industry leaders with regards to in horse-racing activities with ‘exchange’ concept when placing a bet.
At the heart of Betfair’s success is its pioneering Betting Exchange, whereby customers can come together in order to bet at odds sought by themselves or offered by other customers, thereby eliminating the need for a traditional bookmaker.
Betfair offers a unique market in that it allows their customers to lay or back a bet. To lay a bet is to back something not to happen. For example, to lay Manchester United to win their match is to back them NOT to win. If you were to lay them, you would win your bet if they either lost or drew their match.
Despite being a site where you bet almost entirely against other users, Betfair offer a list of deposit bonuses and promotions, found here.
With Betfair you can not only lay any selection, but also choose the price you want to take, as well as decide how much you are prepared to risk. The shorter the price you wish to lay, the less money you have to risk compared to your potential reward.
Betfair implements a highly useful offering of live video streaming from most major racecourses, allowing all betting clients to view the action live, whilst simultaneously placing live bets.
Betfair offers a live and highly descriptive betting news section with up to date proceedings on listed events, as well as tips and predictions- a huge plus to those new to the betting game, and looking for guidance and clarity.
- A highly up to date news section catering for betting markets
- A unique market that deals either in bookmaker odds, or exchanges determined by the betters themselves- therefore eliminating the need to abide by bookie odds
- Higher odds than numerous other online bookmakers
- Markets can be somewhat late to develop leading up to an event
- Customer service is limited to certain times
- At Betfair you can be reliant on other punters, and are therefore reliant on their betting techniques
- The type of bets available are more limited than on many sites
- Mobile Betting
- Live Betting
- Live Streaming
- Betting calendar
- Live Scores
- Racing Guides
- Sports News
Betfair Promotion Code
- American Football
- Horse racing
- Motor Sports
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Winter Sports
Deposit and Withdrawl
Betfair offers a simple, and secure, online money transfer system direct to your playing account. Simply enter the amount you wish to deposit, confirm your password and submit the form.
Making a withdrawal from your Betfair account is as easy as entering an amount to withdraw, and confirming the transaction.
Note: for any deposit or withdrawal to occur, one has to be a registered Betfair player. To process a withdrawal from a Betfair account, a user needs to select 2 easy options, namely:
"My Account" --> "Withdraw Funds from Betfair". Your ''Available to Withdraw'' updated balance will be displayed on the screen.
Simply select which payment method you wish to withdraw, insert amount and confirm password. Withdrawal times entirely depend on which payment method used, however generally take 2-5 days to clear.
- Laser Debit
- Maestro Debit
- MasterCard Credit
- Personal cheque
- Solo Debit
- Visa Credit
- Visa Delta Debit
- Visa Electron Debit
- Western Union
- Wire Transfer
- Founding year: 1999
- Licensed In: UK, Malta
- Head Office: Waterfront, Hammersmith Embankment, Chancellors Road, London, England W6 9HP UK
- Phone Number: +44 (0) 208 834 8000
- Email: email@example.com
BetFair's customer service is superb with the helpdesk and telephone betting manned 24/7 by English speaking Betfair brokers and Helpdesk staff, and 3pm to 5am (Beijing time), 7 days-a-week by Mandarin/ Cantonese speaking staff.
The brand offers email and telephone options for online support, as well as postal methods for those less technically inclined.
Betfair is well known for having swift, knowledgeable and helpful customer service.
You can contact Betfair by the following means:
- Email (contact form)
- Betfair has recently launched a casino site and is offering a very generous deposit bonus. They also offer several games with ZERO HOUSE MARGIN. It features over 40+ casino games including a dozen card games (featuring Pai Gow, Blackjack, Red Dog and Three card poker), 17 different multi-line slots, 3 single line slots, table games like craps and roulette as well as video poker. There is a lot of casino action going on at Betfair!
- Betfair Poker has quickly become a major destination for European-based poker enthusiasts. They offer a very generous sign up bonus as well as a very juicy refer-a-friend bonus. Betfair Poker sponsors the World Series of Poker Europe as well as the European Poker Tour. Betfair Poker offers plenty of tournament action, whether it be sit & go, multi-table tournaments or some of their freerolls.
- Exchange Games
- Betfair offers a unique twist on traditional casino games with its Exchange betting system. Get in on the action yourself in addition to backing or laying against the player or the house in traditional Betfair fashion on games such as: Baccarat, Blackjack, Hi/lo, Hold'em, Omaha